To provide technical chemical processing support to the (IMS) Integrated Management System Department in order to aid production.
1. To ensure that production processes remain capable (Safety, Quality, Cost
Delivery, People) by maintaining systems and processes for example
maintain BOM’s, Special Process Data Sheets & Process planning.
2. Maintain systems in accordance with NADCAP and internal procedural
3. Provide engineering technical (troubleshooting) assistance with an ability to
interpret engineering drawings to establish processes required and
4. Leading when required problem resolution activities i.e. create and complete /
support Root Cause Analysis (RCCA)
5. Support process/ machine risk assessments
6. Support the new product Introduction process as required.
7. Oversee design and implement process tooling where required.
8. Actively pursue new processing & technology methods to improve and ease
the chemical manufacturing processes
EXPERIENCE/ ABILITIES Understanding of chemical processing to include:-
1. Masking techniques and surface preparation methodologies for Paint and
2. Anodising of aluminium (tartaric, chromic & sulphuric).
3. Paint and other coatings applicable to the aerospace industry.
4. Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge of these applications is essential.
5. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
6. Working in modern high complexity low volume manufacturing environment
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft office software
8 Good general Mechanical engineering technical knowledge.
9. Ability to perform surface area calculations and other chemical process
related mathematics. Technical knowledge in as many of the above is
· Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
· Customer Focus – Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier
· Organisational Agility
· Problem solving ability
· Logical Thinking
· Effective Time management
· Result driven
Time Served engineering apprentice or structured engineering experience.
Engineering HND or Degree with significant chemical process related training
If you have any questions or queries, please contact our HR department on 01282 418300.