We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Inspector to join our Burnley site on a full time, permanent basis.
To provide a diligent accurate and resourceful inspection in support of Hycrome’s valued service to our customers. Ensuring a value added service that manages the integrity and optimises the standards of Hycrome’s in house manufacturing, treatments, overhaul and repair provisions.
Support the management team in the effective implementation of Hycrome’s MRB Process – Safely, Quality, Cost, Time line (Delivery) and always supportive of other personnel.
- Provide an effective approach in the development and implementation of quality assurance to meet business, customer and regulatory needs
- Develop and handle external QA interfaces
- Handle all QA matters as directed, throughout the production process
- Continually strive to assure that all product/process meets customers specifications for quality
- Evaluate, monitor and inspect product/process to ensure consistency in quality
- Gather information from testing/inspecting product/process, focusing of defective areas and investigate the potential causes for defective activity
- Participate in the continuous improvements projects, to increase productivity, eliminate waste and reduce rework operations
- Take responsibility for any project you are involved in, from initial concept through to final delivery
- Maintain an awareness of organisational developments to ensure service operates to make the best use of the resources available
- Maintain professional and personal development to meet changing demands of the role, participating in appropriate training (VITAL) and development activities and supporting colleagues in their development where appropriate
- Participate in clear concise and effective communication between all team members
- Attend company team and project related meetings to enhance understanding, business knowledge and involvement
- Work within the team on manufacturing issues, inspection criteria, audits and resolution of findings
- Contribute to the success of the business by promoting an atmosphere of trust, fairness, cooperation, and team work
- Ensure all related business working practices and communication framework is adhered to, paying particular attention to Safety, Quality, Cost, Deliver and People whilst also working within any defined standards (legal, Company, Customer).
- Adhere to the Hycrome code of business conduct (Score Group Values), and comply with all regulatory company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with our accreditation to(NADCAP, AS 9100 and ISO) through promotion of sustainability across teams
- Support all teams by sharing your technical expertise, with the aim of gaining a competitive advantage for the business
- Act as an ambassador for Hycrome at all times.
- Knowledgeable in the principles and procedures used in Quality Assurance
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with the ability to explain technical processes into everyday language
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail
- Analytical and strong mathematical skills
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organising and prioritising with great attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and develop initiative and pride.
- Can work on own or as part of a team
- Displays a positive mental attitude, always can do
- Experienced in using Measuring Equipment, such as Micrometers, Vernier’s, Height Gauges etc.
- Ability to read basic engineering drawings.
- Computer Literate in Excel, Word etc.
30 days holiday excluding bank holidays increasing by 1 day for every years service up to 35 days
Half day finish on Fridays
Company pension scheme
Private healthcare after two years service
On site parking
If you have any questions, please contact our HR department on 01282 418300.